Rog is a very simple ruby blog application.
Rog is a static blog engine that generate a group of html pages from text files formatted in variuos markup languages (and from some ruby source files :-P).
Rog features are:
- rog don’t have too many features :-)
- simple code
- reusing of all rote features
- post tagging
- auto-generation of tag and month archives
- auto-generation generation of links and static pages menu
- no server side requirements (apart web server :-)
- rake integration for blog maintenance tasks
Rog depends on:
- ruby >= 1.8.2 (i use 1.8.2 so i don’t know if it works with previous versions)
- rake 0.7.1
- rote 0.3.2.2
You can install rog very easily with rubygems:
gem install rog -r
- rog create a_blog
- cd a_blog
- rake create_post : to create a post
- rake create_tag_archive : to create a tag archive
- rake create_month_archive : to create a month archive
- rake : to clean and regenerate all blog pages
- rake publish : to upload it with rsync
- add real dependence between pages and archives;
- add dependece between pages and blog configuration file.
Do you like rog? wonderful :-)
why you don’t email me your comments?
I write in really spaghetti english so send me some bug report about this too :-P